Monday, September 12, 2005

A Delay

I was going to write a sassy post today about Sweaty Denim Jumper Lady, whom you will meet subsequently, but after having read the blog of one of my best friends in reference her visit to distribute food to the Hurricane Katrina-affected on the Mississippi coast, I cannot. Instead, I dedicate this post to those who have suffered on account of circumstance and geography. Our federal, state and local goverments' failure to adequately and swiftly coordinate your relief is an abomination to the American ideal. You, especially, deserve so much more. My heart is with you. Together, we will rebuild.

2 comments:

Anita Powell said...

Again, I just have to say that I'm sorry my post made you lose your sassy mood. Please post your story soon because I could use some sassiness!

You were very right in your post, we will rebuild.

And when New Orleans opens back up to tourists, I want to have breakfast at Cafe Du Monde, lunch at La Madelaine, and dinner at NOLA. Oh, and post dinner drinks and dancing at The House of Blues. Wanna join me?

Lots of love,
Anita

Chris said...

Laissez les bons temps rouler!